I have a kid in Kindergarten. Her favorite thing to show me is if she gets gold stars on her school work. She was sick once and I printed out some worksheets for her to do. She did great; I gave her a star. She positively lit up. And I started thinking that we, as adults, give ourselves “gold stars” all the time.
Mine are probably slightly different than yours, though.
Things Regular Adults Earn Gold Stars For:
- Accomplishing their goals
- Working out two days in a row.
- Meeting Deadlines
- Helping Others Succeed
- Teaching their children to read
- Having a Vaginal Birth with no pain medication.
- Keeping their children healthy with Essential Oils
- Coupon-ing and saving!
- Biting their tongue when they don’t have anything nice to say.
- Not cursing in front of their children.
Things I Give Myself Gold Stars For:
- Fitting into my “kinda Skinny” pants.
- Only eating ONE cookie.
- Making it to school before they lock the doors.
- Helping my Daughter wipe her butt.
- Teaching my kid to only hit back if there’s not a teacher around.
- Having a baby while taking ALL THE DRUGS POSSIBLE and not killing my husband when he says it smells like a butcher’s shop in the birthing room.
- When my children are well enough to get their asses back to school.
- NOT going on retail therapy splurges.
- Not stuttering or cursing when I tell a bitch off.
- If I can come up with a good reason why it’s ok for mommy to cuss and not my kids.
If those aren’t that different from yours… Please message me and become my new best friend.